(No registration required)
Can't find your confirmation email? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 25.05.2018
You have placed your trust in us by using the MarinaReservation.com services and we value that trust. That means we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
If you have ever used us before, you will know that MarinaReservation.com offers online travel-related services through our own websites, as well as through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media.
I. What kind of personal information does MarinaReservation.com use?
We collect three general categories of information.
1. Information you give us
We collect information you share with us when you use our platform.
a. Account Information: when you sign up for a MarinaReservation.com Account, we collect your full name, your email address and your birthday.
b. Profile Information: we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender. The parts of your profile (like your name, and description) are not part of a public profile page, and will be publicly visible to other marinas only after a booking has been made.
c. Payment Information: we collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) by our 3rd party payment processor, to process all payments.
2. Information we automatically collect from your use of the MarinaReservation.com Platform
We cannot help you book the perfect berth in a Marina without information, so we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
a. Usage Information: we collect informations about your interaction with our Platform, such as the visited pages, your searches, bookings you have made.
b. Location information: when you use our MarinaReservation.com Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address) or more specific location information (e.g. your location from your mobile GPS).
c. Log Data. We collect log information automatically when you access our MarinaReservation.com Platform such as IP address, access times, device information, hardware and software information, device event information (e.g. browser) and the page you have viewed before using the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
d. Transaction Information: we collect information about your transactions made on the MarinaReservation.com Platform and also other related transaction details such date and time, amounts charged.
3. Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the MarinaReservation.com Platform. We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the informations we collect through the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
a. Third Party Services: if you connect, link or logging to your MarinaReservation.com Account with a third party service (e.g., Facebook, Google), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service.
b. Other Sources: we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and combine it with information we have about you (e.g., we may receive fraud warning from 3rd party service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention). We may receive information about your activities on and off the MarinaReservation.com Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
II. How we use information we collect?
We store, use and process information about you to understand, provide, improve and develop the MarinaReservation.com Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
II.1 Improve and develop the MarinaReservation.com Platform
We use information we collect in order to:
· Enable you to access and use the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
· Enable you to communicate with other Members.
· Operate, protect, improve and optimize the MarinaReservation.com Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
· Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
· Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
· Provide customer service.
· Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
· If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
II.2 Create a trusted and safer environment
· Enforce our Terms of Service, Payments Terms, and other policies.
· Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
· Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
· Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Listing address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
· Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
· Comply with our legal obligations.
· Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
II.3 Provide, measure and improve our Advertising and Marketing
· Send you promotional messages, advertising, marketing and other information that may be of interest to you.
· Measure, personalize and improve advertising.
· Administer contests or rewards and other promotional activities managed by MarinaReservation.com or its third party business partners.
III. Sharing and disclosure
III.1 With your consent
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your MarinaReservation.com Account.
III.2 Sharing between Marinas and Guests
To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with other Members as follows:
· When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Marina, including your full name, phone number, email address, check-in & check-out dates and your boat details (length, beam, draught, boat type, boat model, boat country). When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your boat registration number.
· When you as a Marina have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, email address and Marina address.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
III.3 Profiles, Listing and other public information
The MarinaReservation.com Platform lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
· Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
· Public Listing pages (e.g. Marina pages) are publicly visible and include information such as the Marina location (neighborhood and city), Listing description, the Marina photos, aggregated demand information and any additional information the Marina chooses to share.
· After completing a booking, Guests and Marinas may write reviews and rate each other. Reviews are a part of your public profile page.
· If you submit content in a public forum or social media post, or use a similar feature on the MarinaReservation.com Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Information you share publicly on the MarinaReservation.com Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
III.4 Service Providers
III.5 MarinaReservation.com Payments
We may share your personal information to (i) provide the Payment Services, (ii) facilitate the use of the MarinaReservation.com Platform and (iii) jointly services to you with other financial third parties with whom MarinaReservation.com Payment has a formal agreement.
IV. Oher important information
IV.1 Analyzing your communications. We may review your communications on the MarinaReservation.com Platform for fraud prevention, investigation, research and customer support purposes.
IV.2 Linking third party accounts
You may link your MarinaReservation.com Account with your accountant at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third party services are referred to as “Friends”. When you create this link:
· a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your MarinaReservation.com public profile
· some of the information you provide to use from the linking of your accountant may be published on your MarinaReservation.com Account profile
· your activities on the MarinaReservation.com Platform may be displayed to your Friend on the MarinaReservation.com Platform and/or that third party site
IV.3 Google Maps
V. Third party integrations and partners
The MarinaReservation.com Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations. MarinaReservation.com does not own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, MarinaReservation.com, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection and use of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites to visit.
VI. Your choices
VI.1 Access and update
You may review, update, or delete the information in your MarinaReservation.com Account by logging into your MarinaReservation.com Account and reviewing your Account settings from Your Dashboard.
VI.2 Account cancellation
For information on how to cancel your MarinaReservation.com Account, log in with your MarinaReservation.com Account, access Your Dashboard – Settings – Cancel Account.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
You may also email us.
Cookies and other tracking technologies can be used on our websites in various ways, such as making the MarinaReservation.com Platform work, to analyse traffic or for advertisement purposes. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners, including third party service providers and advertisers we work with.
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer). For example, a cookie could allow us to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences.
Why MarinaReservation.com Uses These Technologies
We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as:
· To better understand how you navigate through and interact with the MarinaReservation.com Platform and to improve the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
· To show you content (e.g., advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
· To enable you to use and access the MarinaReservation.com Platform and the Payment Services.
· To enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
· To serve you tailored advertising (on the MarinaReservation.com Platform and on third party websites).
· To monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the MarinaReservation.com Platform and MarinaReservation.com advertisements.
· To enforce legal agreements that govern use of the MarinaReservation.com Platform.
· For fraud detection and prevention, and investigations.
· For purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, and regulatory compliance.
We may also allow certain business partners to place these technologies on the MarinaReservation.com Platform. These partners use these technologies to (1) help us analyze how you use the MarinaReservation.com Platform, such as by noting the third party services from which you arrived, (2) market and advertise MarinaReservation.com services to you on the MarinaReservation.com Platform and third party websites, (3) help us detect or prevent fraud or conduct risk assessments, or (4) collect information about your activities on the MarinaReservation.com Platform, other sites, and/or the ads you have clicked on. For example, to help us better understand how people use the MarinaReservation.com Platform, we work with a number of analytics partners, including Google Analytics.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of the MarinaReservation.com Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you a link to reset your password.