(No registration required)
Can't find your confirmation email? We'll resend it to you
MarinaReservation.com offers online travel-related services through its own websites and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms. MarinaReservation.com may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal information does MarinaReservation.com use?
When you make a reservation, you are asked for your name and email address. You might also be asked for your home address, telephone number, payment information, etc.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does MarinaReservation.com collect, use and share your personal data?
• Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked.
• Customer service: We provide customer service during working days from our local offices in 4 languages (English, French, Spanish and Italian). Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us and responding to any questions you might have about your reservation.
• Account administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see marinas and regions that you have searched for before, and see other information you have provided about your marinas of interest and your sailing destinations. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted about marinas you have stayed in. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. The type of information you can share in this way includes your photo, the names of marinas you have stayed in, your lists, your plans for future sailing trips, your reviews and other information about marinas and destinations.
• Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
o When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news of similar marinas and services. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you've created one).
o Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the MarinaReservation.com website or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on the MarinaReservation.com website, or third-party offers we think you might find interesting.
o If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
• Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
o We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
o If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
o When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with MarinaReservation.com.
o We may also send you other materials related to your reservations, such as how to contact MarinaReservation.com if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through MarinaReservation.com.
• Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
• Improving our services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our services.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small bits of information that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used by websites you visit in order to improve your experience on the website.
As well as setting some cookies ourselves - "first party cookies", we also work with some partners to help give you access to even more great features on our site. These partners set "third party cookies" which enable their features to be provided on or through our website (such as advertising or videos). Third party cookies do not recognise you personally but can recognise your computer when it visits MarinaReservation.com and other websites. This helps to ensure you get the best experience possible when visiting these sites.
Some cookies, called "session cookies", stay on your computer only while your website browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies, called "persistent cookies", remain on your computer or mobile device after your browser is closed. This enables websites to recognise your computer when you later re-open your browser to give you as smooth a browsing experience as possible.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
• Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
• Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the marina you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
• Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalised advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you have been searching for, the accommodation you have viewed and the prices you have been shown. Commercial cookies may also be used by selected third parties to display their products and services through our website.
• Social networking cookies
We also want to make it as easy as possible for you to share content from MarinaReservation.com with your friends through your favourite social networks. Social networking cookies, which are usually set by the social networking provider, enable such sharing to be smooth and seamless.
How can you recognise MarinaReservation.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Who has access to MarinaReservation.com cookie data?
Only MarinaReservation.com has access to MarinaReservation.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
What security procedures does MarinaReservation.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
The services offered by MarinaReservation.com are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
Uses for third party cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of MarinaReservation.com. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/) and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html).
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.