You can reach Porto Montenegro Marina by calling VHF71.
Porto Montenegro Marina is also known as Marina Montenegro, and it is a luxury marina that is hosted by the coastal town of Tivat, on the charming shores of the Adriatic Sea. Porto Montenegro Marina offers 450 berths and could accomodate yachts and megayachts up to 250 m in length. Located in
Berth prices updated for 2021
This marina has no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review of Porto Montenegro MarinaWrite a review
We strongly advise you to check the weather in Porto Montenegro Marina before your trip.Check weather
Porto Montenegro Marina is located in Tivat.
Tivat is a coastal municipality and town in Montenegro that is situated in the Bay of Kotor, representing the smallest region of Boka Bay. It lies on the Adriatic coastline and it is renowned for its ideal weather conditions that attract numerous boat owners and water sports enthusiasts in its modern marinas. Being known as the sunniest place in Boka Kotorska, this is an ideal destination for holidaymakers who wish to spend their vacation on the superb coastline of the Adriatic but prefer to choose a secluded location in Montenegro.
The town of Tivat is the centre of this municipality and its most popular destination that promoted multiculturalism and diversity. It is a historic settlement where archaeological discoveries have been made in time, proving that this land has endured harsh times. The imposing, everlasting green mount Vrmac offers Tivat a picturesque look that is extremely relaxing. The town of Tivat and its marinas have been strategically positioned in a well-protected area where natural beauty, the sunny climate and lush flora offer locals and travellers the opportunity of enjoying natural treasures. Also, this is an ideal starting point for those who wish to travel towards other exquisite destinations.
Travel writers like Jules Verne, Pierre Loti, Padget and numerous other notable names, have included Tivat in their amazing journeys and have been inspired by the unspoilt beauty of this town. Today, inspiring nature trails, cycling routes and hidden paths can be followed in order to discover mind-blowing spots, concealed by rich forests, where unique scenic views can be seen. This is also a well-known nautical tourism centre where luxury yachts can be often observed.
There are many ways of having fun and spending a wonderful vacation in Tivat. Visiting main landmarks like the St Roko Church, the Verona House, the St Mary’s Church, the archaeological site Mala Gruda and numerous other historical and cultural sites, is a must. Sun seekers will encounter amazing beaches such as the Plavi Horizonti Beach, the Purobeach, etc. The town of Tivat and its surroundings represent the perfect location for a silent vacation in the heart of nature, close to the medieval town of Kotor.
There are lovely seaside hotels and guesthouses where travellers will be able to relax, such as the Palma Hotel, the Eco Hotel Carrubba, the Regent Porto Montenegro, etc.
Local restaurants serve mixed cuisines and offer tourists the opportunity to take a step closer to this area’s traditions and culture. Some of the most popular restaurants in Tivat are the Konoba Koliba, the Restaurant Montenegrino, the Prova Restaurant, etc.
Tivat is a vivid destinations during the summer when various events take place such as the Summer Fest or Bocce Olympiad that gather numerous tourists who wish to have some fun on the Adriatic coast. Also, water sports and sightseeing tours are great opportunities to explore the area’s beauty and enjoy its underwater universe.
This town is a welcoming destination where all tourists are welcome to enjoy the appealing shores of the Bay of Kotor
Marina Entrance. The entrance to the marina is marked with red and green lights at night – the green light is located at the head of N breakwater, while the red light is located at the head of Jetty 5.
GPS position - 42˚26.03’N 018˚41.33’E
Porto Montenegro marina dock staff is available 24/7 and MUST be contacted before arrival and
prior to departure. Upon arrival, please provide the following information:
The assistance of a small dinghy boat may also be requested on VHF channel 71. The dock crew will be standing by for arrival and departure.
The mooring system for boats at Porto Montenegro is “Med” or “stern to”. For yachts on all jetties, with the exception of Jetty 1, the mooring system consists of two bow mooring lines (ground lines).
Please be sure to contact the marina on VHF 71 to ensure the marina staff will be at your berth on arrival to assist with line handling.
What's included in the berth price
Porto Montenegro Berthing Rules
- On Entry to Montenegro waters vessels must monitor Montenegro VTS on channel 11 and channel 16. Vessels over 300GT or 50m must call Montenegro VTS on arrival in Montenegro waters.
- Speed limit in the bay is 10 knots, and 6 knots in Kumbor and Verige channels.
- On Arrival from foriegn Port the Captain must complete the entry process with Customs, Immigration and Harbor Master.
- Yachts Must call Porto Montenegro on VHF Channel 71 to announce your arrival – please inform of your last port of call. The Porto Monntenegro's Dock team will direct you to the customs dock. The customs dock is the part of the marina on the North side close to the Yacht Club.
- Note that for out of hours arrivals passport control will be completed and the yacht will remain on the customs dock until the procedure is completed the following morning.
- The vignette is the permit to cruise in Montenegro waters. The fee depends on the length and type of the boat, as well as the period the vignette is valid for. Vignettes can be purchased for 1 day up to 1 year. Payment is made directly to the Harbour Masters office by credit card.
- You might be asked by the Harbor Master officer to present all the originals of the documentation.
The Restrictive Policy doesn't allow any refund.
More marinas to book a berth
Add dates for price